Google Plus for Industrial Companies: Becoming a Pro (Part II)
You’ve finally made it: the last post in our Google Plus series! We’ve spent a lot of time researching exactly what Google Plus is and how it’s beneficial to your industrial company. Now let’s see how you can make it work for your specific needs.
Google Authorship for Industrial Websites
You’ve probably spent a decent amount of time getting to know Google search, right? You type in your search query (may we suggest “Google Plus for Industrial Companies”?) and up pops a link that catches your eye because of the author’s photo that sits right beneath it. That little photo you see is attributed to Google Authorship.
But Google Authorship also accomplishes a bit more than just attaching your smiling mug to your content. It also brands you as a notable leader in your field since you’re churning out Google ranked content. Plus, it improves something called “Author Rank,” an SEO (search engine optimization) term that describes the idea of certain content ranking better based on who authors it.
Ultimately, Google Authorship can help you secure your Author Rank, so it’s pretty important to get your site all ready to go!
How to Set Up Google Authorship
Setting up Google Authorship for your industrial business’s website is really a no brainer. All you have to do is stop by https://plus.google.com/authorship and follow the six easy steps listed on the page:
- Set up a Google+ profile.
- Make sure your profile pic is a recognizable headshot.
- Make sure there’s a byline containing your name on every page of your content.
- Use the same exact name that’s listed on your Google+ profile.
- Verify your email address on your Google plus profile. If you have an email that’s on the same domain as your content, then you’re cool (for example, if you own ireallylovegoogleplus.com, then your email should be firstname.lastname@example.org. If your email has a different domain, (for example, if it’s a Gmail account) then you can use a secondary method to link your content to your Google+ profile.
- Return to https://plus.google.com/authorship and enter your email address.
Doesn’t get much easier than that!
Create a Google Plus Community for Your Industrial Company
Communities are to Google+ what groups are to Facebook. Essentially, Communities are your online posse, the people you want to network with keep connected to your brand. In order to grow your audience, you can set up a Google+ Community about a topic you’re familiar with and add people from your circles that share your same interest. As your Community grows and gains popularity, it will become more visible to the Google+ public and cinch your status as THE voice of your industry.
Set Up a Google Plus Community for your Industrial Company
If you thought setting up Google Authorship was easy, check out how quick and convenient creating your own Community page is!
All you have to do is go to https://plus.google.com/communities and hit “Create Community.” From there, you choose if your community will be public or private, give it a name, and decide if you’d like to approve new members or not. That’s it!
You can easily gain exposure for your Community by clicking “Invite people” and “Share this community” in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
Need an example of a growing Google+ Community? We’ve got one for ya! Check out Marketects, Inc.’s own Google+ Community, Industrial Inbound Marketing, to get a better idea of what a Google+ Community can do for your industrial business!
Plugged In: Utilizing the Right Google Plus Plugins for Your Industrial Company
What’s kind of great about Google+ is that there are a number of plugins that make utilizing the social media platform that much easier. The following are a couple of plugins that are sure to make your Google+ strategy as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Doshare: Doshare is simply great because it’s a Chrome plugin that allows you to schedule content you’d like to share on Google+. Instead of frantically trying to find something to post at a drop of a hat, you can schedule all of your Google+ posts Monday morning and evenly schedule them throughout the week. An industrial company with a consistent marketing plan? Your customers will certainly get on board with that!
- Replies and More: Replies and More makes it a breeze to reply directly to the author of a Google+ post you’re interested in, plus additional sharing options so you can send that post straight to Twitter, Facebook, or eMail.
- Hangout Magic: If you read our last post, you know how amazing Google+ Hangouts are. Hangout Magic makes them even more amazing by allowing you to create a customized banner that appears across the bottom of your video image whenever you’re on a hangout. What does this mean? You can display your company name, website, Twitter – the sky’s the limit! Just another great way to get eyes on your industrial business!
Welcome to Being a Google Plus Pro!
You did it! You’ve just completed our five-part series on Google Plus, and you’ve finally hit pro status. Now go take advantage of everything Google Plus has to offer to boost your industrial company’s social media campaign!
Sullivan, Danny. Author Rank, Authorship, Search Rankings & That Eric Scmidt Book Quote.” March 27, 2013. Web. October 25, 2013.
How has Google+ changed your marketing strategy? What do you love about it? What plugins have you discovered that have made navigating Google+ easier?