Must Know 2020 B2B Marketing Stats
B2B marketing has changed significantly over the last several years. With 2020 off to a fast start, you need to have a clear plan in order to prevent getting lost in the newest trends. Your buyers, their research, the sales funnel, and much more are all changing. To help you navigate all of this, we’ve gathered a few 2020 B2B marketing stats to help guide you.
- 77% of B2B buyers describe purchasing as “very complicated” or “difficult” – Leading reasons for this include how time consuming it is. The typical B2B buying group can consist of anywhere from six to ten people. When was the last time you got six people to agree on anything?
- 90% of B2B customers repeat at least one or more buying tasks – This can include anything from re-reading research, re-adding items to cart, proposing the same product or service more than once, and other tasks.
- Your website and sales representatives are the top two most important factors in B2B – Getting the right information and tools to your buyers is critical to the completion of buying tasks. In short, you must provide easily accessible expert advice and support that enables customers to buy. Research has shown that B2B’s who provide this information to buyers see a threefold increase in their ability to convert. Source: CMO by Adobe
- B2B mobile searches are expected to grow to 70% by 2020 – This number is up greatly from 50% in 2017. The trend is expected to continue.
- 80% of B2B buyers utilize their mobile device at work – Gone are the days when a B2B buyer would sit at his or her desk to research their needs.
- Over 90% of buyers reported that they are likely to buy again from a vendor who offered a superior mobile experience – This is compared to only 50% of those who reported a poor mobile experience.
- 80% of executives in the B2B industry will research services or products on their tablets in the evening – This is why it important to not only optimize for mobile, but for in between screens as well. Source: Blue Corona
- 85% of tech decision-makers were more likely to consider buying from someone who educates them throughout the buying process – This is why creating relavent content is so important. Content marketers need to put themselves in the heads of potential customers and anticipate their questions and needs prior to purchasing.
- 83% of buyers register for content they feel will help them make informed buying decisions – Be sure you offer a sign up on your website that syncs with an email service provider for email marketing. A monthly e-newsletter is a great way to keep prospects informed with up to date, useful information about your products/services.
- 76% report they are more likely to purchase when the sales rep follows up within their desired timeframe – Be sure this is part of your sales funnel whenever someone makes a call, sends an email, fills out a form, etc.
More on 2020 B2B Marketing
You have plenty of competition in the B2B market. Staying informed about the latest trends in online marketing and tailoring your marketing plan to accommodate buyers’ current needs can be the edge you need to rise about your competition. Be sure your B2B is on the right side of these statistics by implementing appropriate strategies, following up, and adjusting as needed.